First and Foremost

I have never envied those who blogged, nor the time they spend doing so. That said, however, just like the title of my blog depicts, this site is a result of the necessary evils of discussion. That is, the discussion in which we, as intelligent human beings, are innately required to participate in; regardless of whether we'd like to or not.

In spirit of the level of intellect I hope to one day achieve, I feel it most important to engage in thought provoking discussion, scholarly research, and questioning of the world in which we live, in order to use our God given reasoning skills to their fullest.

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress"
-Indira Ghandi

I hope that through this blog I will be able to ask thought provoking questions about the world, in order to provoke discussion that can better help us all to understand life's mysteries.

Please do not feel afraid to respond with opposing views, more thought provoking questions, and qualms of your own. (and especially facts and scholarly research, links, etc) It is for all of our benefit that you do so.

-Kate

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Why I Value Your Opinion

To be brief, some thoughts came to me tonight while, again, talking with a friend. It struck me hard that all the emotions I have within me are derivatives of the life experiences I've had. I am a firm believer that we are all a product of our environment. But it is funny to see that opinions I have towards issues can be shaken so much by simple comments made by other people, with different points of view. Because I have not known the people they have known, nor traveled the path of life they have, I do not understand life in the way that they do.

Simple thoughts regarding any topic can seem so astronomical to me, but are passing thoughts to another; simply because they have experienced life in a way that those ideas have manifest themselves more clearly than they have in my twenty years. That is why I am grateful for all those opposing opinions that individuals choose to share, because they give me some insight into another human's 'bubble of a world' that I had not before experienced.

Every time I can step, even for a moment, into the realm of another persons world through intelligent discussion, I feel I am that much closer to being able see the 'big picture' of life and understand where exactly I happen to stand within all of it.
So thank you~

- Kate

1 comment:

  1. All truth is circumscribed into one great whole.

    Knowledge is light and truth.

    I am the light and the way.

    God is everlasting to everlasting.

    ReplyDelete